Total Pageviews

About Me

I have 20 years in the fire service, singel with 2 dogs, like working with the public alot.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Intro to Modern Technology has put the Traditional Family Dinner on the Back Burner


I decided to use my essay "Modern Technology has put Family Dinner on the Back Burner.” Throughout this course I have been developing skills on analyzing essays, blogs, postings and other writings. This piece shows the many ways I have developed in analyzing an issue and not just stating a personal opinion. I was able to compare past traditional practices such as a conversation at the meal table with todays electronic distractions and how they have changed the way we view the traditional dinner. "Instead of hearing how dad's day at work was or what was new at school, they seek the latest tweet from Lady Gaga or what Rebecca Black's status on Facebook is.” I was really able to find many different examples and directions on this issue. I explored and found examples in Blogs, Essays, and short readings. I analyzed all the information and developed an argument and thesis. Throughout my research my direction would change on my thesis until I reached what I believed to be a correct conclusion. It was a very exciting process of learning and developing the thesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment