Total Pageviews

About Me

I have 20 years in the fire service, singel with 2 dogs, like working with the public alot.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Intro to How did we manage to survive high school in the late 80's and early 90's?


For my third piece I chose a discussion board entry that I had wrote entitled “How did we manage to survive high school in the late 80's and early 90's.” I decided to go with this writing due to receiving several high marks and comments from classmates. "When I attended school we had our tribes, folks like to dress like Tom Cruz from Top Gun, preps, rockers, smokers, skaters, etc.. We had folks that played sports, band, or like to host the party.  Clothing was important for deciding just which group you belonged to folks would make fun of you if you had last years style and then you were an outcast from the group.  When I attended school I did play sports, dress nice, and could be a clown at times.” This really helped establish tribes and groups during the years for many who attended school.

I know that a discussion board is not as well written as an essay. However, I really enjoyed writing this piece and felt connections with others after it was posted. It was a great start to a great class and gave me much needed confidence I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment