Total Pageviews

About Me

I have 20 years in the fire service, singel with 2 dogs, like working with the public alot.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Intro to Does Size Matter


For my second choice I decided to go with the essay "Does Size Matter?" I did decently on this assignment but really felt I could have done better at how I analyzed things and how I developed my conclusion. As you read through this essay you can see how I started it as an opinion paper on heavy set people. An example of this was a the statement, "Assumptions about obese or heavy set people are strong in today's society. Most assume an overweight physical trainer does not know how to do their job.” I was really struggling with how to show the identity issue focusing on heavier set folks and being able to bring the reader into an understanding of a specific identity for them. I could have written more focused such as a weight watcher group or another single focus group or community to help express the identity thesis that I was trying to argue.  I would have liked to have written more and possibly taken this paper in a different direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment